Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Angres, Daniel; Bologeorges, Stephanie; Chou, Jessica. A Two Year Longitudinal Outcome Study of Addicted Health Care Professionals: An Investigation of the Role of Personality Variables. Substance Abuse: Research & Treatment. 2013, Issue 7, p49-60. 12p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.4137/SART.S10556.
- Becker, Sara J. Adolescent substance abuse: National trends, consequences, and promising treatments. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1-7. 3p.
- Casey, Maura J. ; Gambling with Lives, First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life; Nov. 2009; Issue 197, p 37-41
- Dickerson, Mark, Baron, Ellen; Contemporary issues and future directions for research into pathological gambling; Addiction, Aug2000, Vol. 95, Issue 8
- Dowling, Nicki, David Smith & Trang Thomas; A Preliminary Investigation of Abstinence and Controlled Gamblings as Self-Selected Goals of Treatment for Female Pathological Gambling; Journal of Gambling Studies; June 2009; Vol. 25; Issue 2; p 201-213
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Jackson, A.; Francis, K.; Byrne, G.; Christensen, D. Leisure Substitution and Problem Gambling: Report of a Proof of Concept Group Intervention. International Journal of Mental Health & Addiction. Feb2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p64-74. 11p. DOI: 10.1007/s11469-012-9399-9.
- Klein, Melissa; "Don’t Bet on It!"; Current Health 2; Vol. 32, Issue 8; Apr/May 2006
- Kundu, Priya V., D.O.a; Corey E. Pilver, Ph.D.b; Rani A. Desai; Ph.D., M.P.H.c,d, Marvin A. Steinberg, Ph.D.e, Loreen Rugle, Ph.D.f; Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin; Ph.D.c,g; and Marc N. Potenza, M.D., Ph.D.C, Gambling-Related Attitudes and Behaviors in Adolescents having Received Instant (Scratch) Lottery Tickets as Gifts. National Institutes of Health, April 2013, p20-37.
- Ladouceur, Robert & Lachance, Stella. "Overcoming Pathological Gambling: Therapist Guide." Oxford University Press. New York, NY. 2007.
- Meisel, Matthew K.; Clifton, Allan D.; Mackillop, James; Miller, Joshua D.; Campbell, W. Keith; Goodie, Adam S. Egocentric social network analysis of pathological gambling. Addiction. Mar2013, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p584-591. 8p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12014.
- Nower, Lia; Martins, Silvia S.; Lin, Keng-Han; Blanco, Carlos. Subtypes of disordered gamblers: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions. Addiction. Apr2013, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p789-798. 10p. 5 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12012
- Nutt, David. Addiction: lifestyle choice or medical diagnosis? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p493-496. 4p. DOI: 10.1111/jep.12045
- Orford, Jim; Addiction as excessive appetite; Addiction; Vol. 96 Issue 1; Jan 2001
- Peele, Ph.D. & Brodsky, Archie. "Truth About Addiction and Recovery." Fireside Publishing. New York, NY. 1991.
- Raabe, Tom. "House of Cards: Hope for Gamblers and Their Families." Tyndale House Publishers. Wheaton, IL. 2001.
- Reingle Gonzalez, Jennifer M.; Connell, Nadine M.; Businelle, Michael S.; Jennings, Wesley G.; Chartier, Karen G. Characteristics of adults involved in alcohol-related intimate partner violence: results from a nationally representative sample. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p193-206. 14p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-466.
- Sewell, George. Gambling Addiction. Scientific American. Mar2014, Vol. 310 Issue 3, p8-8. 1p.
- Sumitra, Leena and Shannon Miller; Pathologic gambling disorder; Postgraduate Medicine; Vol. 118, Issue 1; July 2005
- Szegedy-Maszak, Marianne; THE WORST OF ALL BETS; U.S. News & World Report; 5/23/2005, Vol. 138, Issue 19
- Wallis, Lynne; Win-win treatment; Nursing Standard; Feb. 2009; Vol. 23; Issue 22; p 22-23
- Yaua, Yvonne H.C. Yaua, Corey E. Pilverb, Marvin A. Steinbergc, Loreen J. Rugled, Rani A. Hoffa,Suchitra Krishnan-Sarina, and Marc N. Potenzaa,e,f, Yvonne H.C. Yaua, Corey E. Pilverb, Marvin A. Steinbergc, Loreen J. Rugled, Rani A. Hoffa,Suchitra Krishnan-Sarina, and Marc N. Potenzaa,e,f,Relationships between problematic Internet use and problemgambling severity: Findings from a high-school survey. National Institute of Health. January 2014. p 1-19.
- Witts, Benjamin N. Cumulative Frequencies of Behavior Analytic Journal Publications Related to Human Research on Gambling. Analysis of Gambling Behavior. Winter2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p59-65. 7p.