Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Beta, M. MD, MPH, Miller, M. MD, MPH, ScD, Barber C. MPA, Beaty B., Miller I. Ph.D., Camargo, C. MD, DrPH, Boudreaux, E. Ph.D. Lethal Means Access and Assessment among Suicidal Emergency Department Patients. Depress Anxiety. June 2016. 33(6). Pg. 502-511.
- Centers for Disease Control. Understanding Suicide. National Center for Injury Prevention and Control Division of Violence Prevention. 2015.
- Commonwealth of Virginia Commission on Youth. Non-Suicidal Self-Injurious Behavior.
- Comtois, Kate Ph.D. MPH. Treatment Interventions for Suicide Prevention. University of Washington.
- Draper, J. Ph.D., Murphy, G. Ph.D., Eduardo, V. MA, Covington D. LPC,MBA, McKeon, R. Ph.D., MPH. Helping Callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Who Are at Imminent of Suicide: The Importance of Active Engagement, Active Rescue, and Collaboration between Crisis and Emergency Services. The Official Journal of the American Association of Suicidology. June 2015. Pg. 261-270.
- Dykes, M., Specian, V., Nelson, M., Gray, Ph.D.. N. Self-Injurious Behavior: Characteristics and Innovative Treatment Strategies. Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College.
- Education Development Center, Inc. Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage for Mental Health Professionals. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2009. Pg. 2.
- Emelianchik-Key, K., Byrd, R., La Guardia, A. Adolescent Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Analysis of the Youth Risk Behavior Survery Trends. The Professional Counselor. 2016. Volume 6, Issue 1. Pg. 61-75.
- Hausmann-Stabile, C., Kuhlberg, J., Zayas, L., Nolle, A., Cintron, S. Means, Intent, Lethality, Behaviors, and Psychiatric Diagnosis in Latina Adolescent Suicide Attempters. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice. June 2012. 43(3). Pg. 241-248.
- Johannessen, H., Dieserud, G., De Leo, D., Claussen, B., Zahl, P. Chain of Care for Patients who have Attempted Suicide. BMC Public Health. 2011. 11:81.
- Langhinrichsen-Rohling, J. Ph.D., Lamis, D. , Ph.D., McCullars A., Ph.D. Suicide Interventions Targeted Toward At-Risk Youth. Alabama Counseling Association Journal. Volume 38, Issue 2. Pg. 43-64.
- Madden, M. Ph.D., Haley, D., M.P.H. Youth Suicide Prevention Referral and Tracking Toolkit. Maine Youth Suicide Prevention Program.
- McCabe, R., Stemo, I., Priebe, S., Barnes, R., & Byng, R. How do Healthcare Professionals Interview Patients to Assess Suicide Risk?BMC Psychiatry. 2017. 17:122.
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action. Risk and Protective Factors for Suicide. Suicide Prevention Resource Center. 2001.
- Nelson, E. MD, Delaney, T. Ph.D., Barber, C. MPA, Frank, E. MHS, Fenner-Lukaitis E. MSW. Reducing Suicide Risk by Limiting Access to Lethal Means. Vermont Department of Mental Health. October 2014.
- Palasciano-Barton, Sarah, M.A. Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: What is it, why does it happen, and how can we help? Ohio Department of Education. March 2017.
- Sarchiapone, M., Mandelli, L., Iosue, M., Andrisano, C., Roy, A. Controlling Acces to Suicide Means. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. December 2011. 8. Pg. 4550-4562.
- Schmidt, Peter G., Psy.D., LMHC. Suicide Prevention - Veterans Module. Washington Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Sommers-Flanagan, John Ph.D. Conversations About Suicide: Strategies for Detecting and Assessing Suicide Risk. National Register of Health Service Psychologists. Winter 2018.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. A Journey Toward Help and Hope: Your Handbook for Recovery After a Suicide Attempt. HHS Publication No. SMA-15-4419. Rockville, MD: Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2015.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Finding Quality Treatment for Substance Use Disorders.
- The Assessment and Management of Risk for Suicide Working Group. VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guideline for Assessment and Management of Patients at Risk for Suicide. Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense. June 2013. Pg. 48-61.
- The Maine Youth Suicide Prevention Program. Youth Suicide Prevention, Intervention & Postvention Guidelines. Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention. 2009.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Substance Abuse Treatment. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2013. Pg. 19-21, 107-122.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Substance Use and Suicide: A Nexus Requiring a Public Health Approach. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2016. Pg. 1-6.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Safety Plan Quick Guide for Clinicians.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guideline: Assessment and Management of Patients at Risk for Suicide. February 2014. Pg. 6.
- U.S. Marshals Service. Best Practices in Suicide Risk Assessment Documentation.